Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Update and Advice with Abbey

Ok so I know I haven't been blogging as much anymore but hey AP testing, I am sorry though because I love sharing my two cents with you guys out there. 

So I believe this is a much needed post that I've been a bit hesitant to do, I also wanted to update you on my skincare routine. 

So I give advice to people about their skin woes, and obviously I've had some of my own. Basically as soon as I hit my teen years (13) is when it started. So I thought the right thing to do would be to visit the dermatologist. Well, it might work for some people but definitely not me. It got to a point where my last option was accutane, I was so ready to sign the release because I was just FED UP. I was done, I was BEYOND done. At this point I wouldn't have cared if the treatment was jet fuel, exaggeration but you get the point. Thankfully I did a little reflecting and pulled out at the last minute to get accutane. There have been times where I have been SO GLAD (when my skin has been good) and so MAD (when my skin has been pretty bad). I just wanted to level with you guys and say I UNDERSTAND! I understand that you're angry, sad, depressed, unhappy, (fill in adjective here) with your skin situation. I know a lot of people go the accutane route but personally I do not advocate it, I have been searching for other ways which is what this blog is about! I try to share everything I find that works, and trust me not everything does! There have been some bad things that I've tried and tossed. If anyone ever wants any support or advice please do not hesitate to email me!!! abbeyfisler@gmail.com or beautifulswimmer5713@gmail.com

Now as for the update. My naturopath has been trying out different herbs with me, and there have been good and bad reactions to them. We are streamlining it though and it's been getting pretty good. I'm happier with my skin as of late. I also have been trying to do less. Only use masks a few times a week, cut down on # of products I use daily, and also use my clarisonic once every three days. Something I've also found that helps is that when you are taking off makeup use a washcloth! It will ensure all the bits that get left behind are washed away. Also, a big cause of acne is stress, so one of the herbs I've been using deals with stress related breakouts, and that seems to be working very well for me!!

I am no expert, I've tried so many things and failed so many times. I only hope that people will come to me and ask whatever is on their mind. I don't want people making the same mistakes I did. Also understand that your skin may not be the same as mine so different products may work for you that didn't for me, this is just my experience with things and advice!

Thanks for reading :) I'll try to get the BB cream post up soon!

xx

Abbey

2 comments:

  1. Why do you not advocate Accutane?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I personally do not advocate it because with anything there are side effects. In my time at the dermatologist I eventually tried an oral medication that was supposed to have "no side effects." Lets just say that was not the case and one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my life. I understand that it works for some people and I completely respect that but I would never want someone to go through what I did. Also Accutane was originally taken off the market because of the severe side effects, it's actually under a different name now. I understand why some people would still use it if they have a very very severe case, I was moderate severe but I decided not to use it. If you search the web you will find all kinds of horror stories, but to be fair there are miracle stories. Also, if you do take Accutane and it doesn't work, you are pretty much out of options (even with natural remedies.) Hope this helps!

      Delete