Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spotlight: Scarring

Hello All! I'm sorry for the lack of posting lately :/ My hardrive on my computer actually crashed so it's in at the shop. My mother is kindly allowing me to use her computer in the meantime. 

So when you're a teenager there is nothing worse than spots and waking up with bumps right?
WRONG, the worst part is dealing with the after effect- Scarring

Scarring is more persistent and it may seem like there is no way to get rid of it expect hope it fades with time. The spots are bad enough but this brings it to a whole new level, it must be some kind of cruel joke right?

Sure there are ways to get rid of scars but all of the advertised procedures are so very spendy, and if you have continuous breakouts that just isn't an option. Scarring just isn't fair because first you have the unsightly spots but now you add it red marks or pitted areas? NOT COOL! Especially if you are now clear

Well, I have some other ways that are not very well advertised. (mostly because they are cheaper and some are considered "home remedies" or "DIY" skincare)

Here are three ways to get you started

1. Lemon juice
Yes you heard me right, lemon juice is an acid and you may have heard some people use it in their hair to lighten it. Well it has the same effect on skin, it will lighten and fade scars (although it will do nothing for the pitted ones). Please take caution in the amount you use and how often, look up recipes to be safe! 

2. Essential oils
Some oils are good for scarring and damage, ones that I like are Frankincense and Myrrh. You can usually find these at natural remedy stores or supermarkets, I found mine at Whole Foods (heaven) and my local Remedy Pharm

3. HealGel
I have talked about this product before, it is GREAT for scars. It was developed by Britain's top five cosmetologists because it was intended to help patients reduce down time after a procedure, however it was released on the market because it is good for healing just about anything. I like the HealGel Intensive but there are other types as well.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more! 

xx

Abbey




No comments:

Post a Comment