Sunday, April 7, 2013

Makeup- BB Cream vs Foundation

Ok so I've given a lot of advice on skincare, but it takes a really long time to change a regime and your skin. This is where the makeup comes into play 

First BB cream versus Foundation 

Most would say this is no contest (in favor of foundation) however I say different!
Personally I have never used foundation in my life, I've always been an advocate of tinted moisturizers. That is, until I found BB creams (basically the holy grail)

First a BB cream is short for blemish balm or beauty balm, it's somewhere in between a product, a foundation, and a tinted moisturizer. Traditional BB creams (Asian and German) were intended to treat, repair, and give light coverage. However the American interpretation is basically a foundation with no added benefits (my opinion)

I use the Aura Luminous Goddess BB Cream (Korean) and I love it! I think it does a good job of healing, moisturizing, and giving pretty good coverage (evening out skin tone without covering your natural "glow")

Now I do not have perfect skin, no where NEAR perfect. So all you skeptics out there saying there is no way it will cover anything trust me it works. I also use this with a cover up (for spots which I will discuss later so it's not like it's the only thing I am using. 

I did A LOT of research to find my "perfect" BB Cream and I would suggest you do the same. Different kinds work for different people depending on what your main concerns are, however I would definitely recommend you guys look into the Asian BB creams because I think the quality and benefits are overall better than the American versions of BB cream. 

If anyone has combination skin like I do I would definitely recommend the one I am currently using. 

xx

Abbey


No comments:

Post a Comment